Hong Kong Spoken Word Festival Returns For Its Second Edition
Why We Recommend it
A series of performances— ranging from live comedy, poetry and storytelling to improv and entertainment—by local wordsmiths and entertainers will showcase Hong Kong’s vibrant spoken word scene.
Founded in 2018, the Hong Kong Spoken Word Festival is an annual event designed to celebrate and promote community based groups that feature an element of spoken word, fostering an appreciation for a variety of artistic practices and performers, as well as celebrating diverse and creative communities in this fast-paced metropolis.
This year’s line-up, featuring a wide variety of events, is as follows:
· Saturday 25 May: Improv at the Fringe by HK Improv
· Monday 27 May: Conversations by HK Podfest
· Tuesday 28 May: Relatable Jokes, Fringe Club by Comedy HK
· Wednesday 29 May: Dirty Laundry by Peel Street Poetry and Spill Stories
· Thursday 30 May: Best & Brightest by Liars’ League
· Friday 31 May: Top Notch 1 by Hong Kong Stories
· Saturday 1 June: Top Notch 2 by Hong Kong Stories
Hong Kong Stories, the festival’s host, is also hosting 2 storytelling workshops on 25 May 2019, from 2 to 4pm, and 1 June 2019, from 2 to 4pm.
Rachel Smith, producer and organiser of Hong Kong Stories specially notes, “The best part is, these groups are all open: anyone can join in and try their hand at something new.”